To understand why an OSINT analysis is important, we have to think like an attacker.
In the first phase of the “Cyber Kill Chain”, the attacker will do an OSINT analysis himself, to get an overview about the technologies used, the devices that are accessible from the internet, the people working there and the internal structures, which have been willingly or unwillingly published on the Internet.
With this knowledge, the attacker can now start a targeted attack against your company, which has a greater chance at being successful than a generic mass attack.
With an OSINT analysis we can help you answer the following questions:
- Were accounts of your employees on external websites found in leaks/breaches?
- Was sensitive information published to a paste-site
- Do publicly available services give away too much technical information about your infrastructure?
- Are there websites that are imitating the ones of your company?
- Can you find information about internal systems on the internet?